Bali Thatch, also called Alang Alang Thatching Grass, is grown on the Islands of Bali and Lombok. Our A Grade, Natural String thatching comes in 2.5 m Lengths.
The thatching grass is woven around a bamboo batten, meaning it can easily be stapled or nailed onto existing or customised structures.
Bali Thatching has the following qualities:
- 100 % waterproof with correct spacing and installation
- Natural insulation offering maximum UV protection
- Up to 10 degrees cooler than a metal roof in summer
- No condensation – making it an ideal application for alfresco areas, and spas
- Long lifespan and durability
2.5 m x 950 mm Bali Thatch Lengths, Bali Hip Bundles, Terracotta Crowns, and Terracotta Capping.
Natural Thatch – Good to Know:
Recommended minimum roof pitch 30 degrees. Recommended Rafter Spacing 500–650 mm.
- Bali Huts
- Outdoor rooms
- Outdoor bathrooms
- Shop fittings
- Meditation space
- Shade structures