Cape Reed, indigenous to South Africa, is a renewable resource where harvesting promotes growth. This African Cape Reed is manufactured into 800 mm x 450 mm flexible tiles which can be clipped, stapled, or nailed onto existing structures for quick, no-fuss installation.
Ideal for all shapes, our African Thatch roofing can add an exotic ambience to any backyard.
African Thatching has the following qualities:
- 99.5 % waterproof, and wind-resistant
- Natural insulation offering maximum UV protection
- Up to 10 degrees cooler than a metal roof in summer
- No condensation – making it an ideal application for alfresco areas, and spas
- Long lifespan and durability
800 mm x 450 mm African Thatch Tiles, Corner Thatch Tiles, and Top Cones.
Natural Thatch – Good to Know:
Recommended minimum roof pitch 30 degrees. Recommended Rafter Spacing 500–650 mm.
- Bali Huts
- Outdoor rooms
- Outdoor bathrooms
- Shop fittings
- Meditation space
- Shade structures