Island Thatch - Thatch Roofing Materials
Island Thatch has sourced quality materials from around the world to provide the perfect solution for creating a tropical haven at home. Our thatch roofing has also been used in multiple commercial projects around Australia and overseas.
Alang Alang or Bali Thatch is a natural, grass roofing grown on the Islands of Bali and Lombok. This thatching is woven around bamboo batten, allowing it to be easily nailed or stapled straight onto the rafters of your existing structure or custom designed Bali Hut.
African (Cape Reed) Thatching
Cape Reed, indigenous to South Africa is a renewable resource where harvesting promotes growth. The thatch produced is aesthetically pleasing, and is manufactured into easy to install tiles. These flexible tiles can be clipped, stapled or nailed onto existing structures for easy, no fuss installation.
Both types of natural thatching offer:
- Natural insulation – offering maximum UV protection.
- Up to 5 – 10 degrees cooler than other roofing structures.
- Easy, no fuss installation.
- No condensation – making them an ideal application for spas, and alfresco areas.
- Extremely water resistant.
- Long lifespan and durability.
Virothatch Synthetic Thatching
The World’s Best Thatching Alternative
Bali Virothatch Synthetic Thatching is superior to natural thatch and other synthetic thatch products. Used throughout the world in resorts such as Disneyworld, USA, The Mulia, Bali, The Sheraton Shopping Mall, Seminyak, this synthetic thatching is the BEST on the market for it’s looks, durability and quality
- Maintenance Free, will not mould, rot, or shed.
- Resists termites, birds and other pests that can breakdown natural thatch.
- 100% recyclable. Made of HDPE, high-density polyethylene.
- Virothatch will not fade or discolour. Each strand varies in colour from brown to honey, giving Virothatch a very natural authentic look.
- A perfect replacement for natural African (Cape Reed) Thatching
Bali Virothatch comes in tile form making it an easy, no fuss replacement system for African or Bali Thatching. Ideal for themed resorts, shop fittings etc, it can also be used on a timber or corrugated roof to give a tropical feel to an existing area with little effort. Viro sub roof tiles, designed especially for this, are now available for $15.95 each. The easy to use thatch tile is UV and colour stabilised meaning no fading, no maintenance and no fuss for at least 20 + years.
Introducing Virosurface synthetic matting – ideal for creating a statement on ceilings, walls, columns - the only limit is your imagination ! Formulated from High Density Polyethylene, a non-toxic, green building material that is suitable for interior and exterior use.
Resistant to mould, pests, and water damage, Virosurface is ideal for long term projects, lasting twice as long as any natural matting product. Use synthetic matting as paneling for interior design projects, cabana matting, and underlayment for solid roofing structures.
Glue, staple, or nail matting to a clean, smooth solid surface area, no heavy machinery or labor is required.
Contact Us for More Information and Pricing